Director George Sluizer has plans to enlist Joaquin Phoenix to help finish the last movie brother River Phoenix was working on before his untimely death in 1993.
When he died of drug-related heart failure, River Phoenix was working on a drama called â€œDark Bloodâ€ for Sluizer. It tells the story of a desert hermit living near a nuclear testing site waiting for the world to end. When a Hollywood couple on a driving honeymoon breaks down nearby, Phoenixâ€™s character â€œBoyâ€ takes them prisoner because he desires the woman and wants to create a better world with her, according to an IMDB summary.
Sluizer â€“ who directed the Jeff Bridges and Kiefer Sutherland psychological thriller â€œThe Vanishingâ€ â€“ told The Hollywood Reporter he still has the original film footage from â€œDark Bloodâ€ and has re-edited it. Sluizer said he believes with some voice over work he can deliver a final version to be released next year.
He plans on asking River Phoenixâ€™s brother Joaquin to assist. â€œThe voices of both brothers are very much alike,â€ Sluizer, told The Hollywood Reporter.
Before his death at 23, River Phoenix had roles in 24 movies. In honor of his return to the silver screen, hereâ€™s a list of favorite performances:
- Stand By Me: In many peopleâ€™s minds, Phoenixâ€™s performance as the tough, yet vulnerable, Chris chambers was his best ever. The 1986 drama told the story of a group of young boys who go on a journey to view the body of a missing child who had been hit by a train.
- My Own Private Idaho: Starring opposite Keanu Reeves, Phoenix played Mike Waters in the 1991 movie directed by Gus Van Sant. The poignant drama tells the story of two Portland street hustlers who are best friends in a troubled relationship.
- I Love You to Death: Phoenix plays Devo Nod, the young friend of a middle-aged woman who repeatedly tries to have her pizza shop owner husband killed due to his infidelity. The comedy starred Kevin Kline and Tracey Ullman.
- The Mosquito Coast: In this Harrison Ford movie, Phoenix plays Charlie Fox, the son of an eccentric inventor who sells his house and moves his family to Central America to build an ice factory in the middle of the jungle.
- Sneakers: Phoenix has a supporting role as Carl Arbogast in this light spy-thriller starring Robert Redford, Sidney Poitier and Dan Aykroyd.
Stanford Diligence wishes he was Clint Eastwood because that would be boss, beside spending day and night into movies, you can find Stanford doing UFX Markets Trading, screening, couch casting, writing, singing and other activities. He learned a lot of market trading methods from an old hollywood star which he wants to keep a secret.